Monday, May 5, 2008

The Challenge Begins

Right, well those of you who read my other blog are probably aware that about a year ago I lost quite a bit of weight (13 kg). Well, it kind of came to a screeching halt about six months ago and since then I've actually put back on 3 of those kilos, which is a tad annoying to say the least.
It's all my own fault of course, don't get me wrong, I take full responsibility, but I have found it harder and harder to stay motivated.

I actually started this blog earlier on today before our second Concept appointment as i knew I had to get my butt moving again in the right direction. For those of you who don't know, Christian and I have been trying to have a baby for the past three years but with not much luck. We've just been for all our testing and what not and this was Judgement Day.
I knew I supposed to have lost more weight by this appointment but as I said, motivation was low and with all the other shit going on with my job and what have you, it really hadn't been at the forefront of my priorities lately.

So we head off to our appointment and we're told that all the results are back and all of them are fine (for me anyway). The doctor however is a bit concerned that both my sisters have endometriosis and it is known to run in families and so wants to have me tested. The only conclusive test however is an operation called a laparoscopy where they cut me open, thrust in a camera and some dye and see if any of my little tubes are blocked or not.

Now here comes the kicker. The treatment if I do have endometriosis is only given to people who are in the healthy weight range. And it's screamingly obvious that I'm not. So they won't do the operation until I've lost the weight since there's no point doing the op just to say afterwards 'Oh well, sorry but now we can't treat you.'

Any how, so it all kind of reinforced the fact that I need this blog more than ever. I have trouble staying positive and even though Christian is supportive, he's not over active about it. He'll get all annoyed at me when I moan and say that I can do it, I just don't because I don't think I can but really, that's not the kind of support I need.

That's where you guys come in! I know there's a few of us from the MoH that have always stuck by each other and given moral support across the oceans and I'm hoping that you'll all be angels and help me out this time. I'm also hoping that by going 'public' if you will, along with yucky before photos I'll have a little extra motivation to stick with it.

So I'm going to give it a try, who'll come along for the ride with me?

Love you guys
xxx



The beginning, May 5th, 2008.

Starting weight : 85.2 kg

Goal : Lose 9 kg by September

Here's some before shots. I'll take more each month and hopefully we'll see a difference soon!


7 comments:

Hieronymous Anonymous said...

You go, hon!
I have faith in you.
*hugs*

Mouse said...

Yup, me too.
*bighugs*

Tah said...

You can do it!

And here's a suggestion for you. Maybe I've seen too many bad "before" pictures that make you wonder if the "after" picture is the same person.

Suggestion: Take your pictures in a place where you can set up the camera and repeat the process the same every time.

If that means having the camera on a tripod (or table or cabinet or whatever) with the timer set, so be it. The height of the camera should be consistent. The location of the camera should be consistent.

And, just as important, where you are should be consistent. Stand in the same place, the same way, the same distance from the camera for every shot.

Preferably have the lighting be about the same.

And, if possible, maybe have a "picture time" wardrobe. Maybe something that's a little tight now that will visibly be looser as you lose the weight. (This is probably the least necessary of any of these unnecessary suggestions. But it can help to be able to tell a real difference in photographs. Different-fitting clothes are hard to compare. Especially if they're photographed at different angles and distances.)

Sorry to ramble on. I'm here to support you. Good luck! (I wonder if you've now inspired me to get in better shape? Without the blog, though.)

Nettie said...

Tah, I was going to make sure I wear the same clothes in each photo plus I'm going to take the photos in the lounge each time but I really can't be arsed going to all that trouble of exact distances and all. Besides, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell it's me at the end. It's not like I've got 1ookg I have to lose.

LaMa said...

Good luck love! I hope this will indeed help you to attain your goal. It is obviously very important to you. So you have our support!

Oh, and if some arse pops up here with nasty comments, we'll take care of him/her....

Shawna said...

You can do it Nettie! : )

*bighugs*

oppiejoe said...

Nettie...I have always said you are a beautiful woman and I hope you reach your goal, but you are perfect just the way you are right now sweetie...